Friday, February 10, 2012

Are Four Year Degrees Worth It?

People now in days are confused at to whether they believe a college degree at all is a
good one. Because of the cost of college and how much time it takes to pursue a
greater education, people don't think that it is worth it. I do, in fact believe that a
college education is worth while. Since I am currently a college student, I know the
pros and cons about getting this education and how much money this will take. Loans
are what gets me through the payments, which I know in the end will cost more for
me to pay them back. But because I am studying for a bachelors degree, that will help
me to get a job faster and be able to actually pay off the debts and loans that I owe.
Sitting in school for a whole four years wasn't what I had in mind after graduating high
school, but after I looked around at other kids my age with nothing to do with their life,
I knew that I didn't want to be like them. I wanted to better myself and with a degree I
know I have a better chance at getting a better career, easier and have my life set.
Because money is a big factor, it helps me to not want to pursue my education, but when
realizing that I will evenutally make enough to pay it off, it doesn't bother me as much
as some of my fellow students.

No comments:

Post a Comment