Sunday, March 25, 2012
Assignment 10 - Research for research question
I wanted to pick a topic that was interesting to me and something that effected a lot of people. Since I picked the topic of Disney princesses of the Disney Classics and how they effect children negatively, I found great research and sources for both sides. For my research database experience, I ended up typing in words that had to do with all Disney classics and how they subconsciously instill stereo types of how girls should be, as well as the men that they pick. The words I used were, DISNEY CLASSIC, DISNEY NEGATIVITY, and also DISNEY POSITIVE. I wanted to get both sides on the topic of whether the Disney Classics are good for children or bad for their self esteem. All the sources I found were very fruitful and helpful, and I seriously like that I picked this topic. Everything is interesting, and I feel that since we have all watched these classics as children, we are all effected by it whether we believe so or not.
Most of the sources I found helped me to prove my point as to it being negative. Because of the evidence that there is death in mostly all the Disney classics, this proves that children are learning things too early on that should be learned earlier. Although this is my opinion, it is still a good point. Most of the kids who watch Disney classics are young, and finding out about death before their parents tell them can be traumatizing. Information such as this is a big help for me, and so my source hunting was very helpful and all I thought it was going to be. Death was the thing that I found most compelling, and I can’t wait to learn more about it, and how it pays a important role in Disney.
Thesis:
Disney Classics are shown to people of all ages, yet when looked at more thoroughly, Disney installs negative thoughts of self esteem and perception to children who are forced to conform to stereo types subconsciously. Although the classics are meant for entertainment only, they have a deeper effect on the brain more then anyone could imagine.
My sources helped me to come up with this thesis, because they helped to support my idea of the negative side of Disney. Also, knowing the other side helps to counter the argument, and know how to prove everything even more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment