Sunday, March 25, 2012

Extra Credit

      For this extra credit assignment, I wanted to talk about what I am doing in my teaching program. Since it is a teaching program, I was required to have twenty hours of observation of a class room to pass the class. I ended up picking Rickover Naval Academy, my high school, since most of the kids in my class picked theirs as well. I picked my sophomore reading teacher to observe, and had a blast. She is the funniest person as an individual as well as a teacher. We learned the story of “In Cold Blood” and watched the movie Capote, who was the author of the book. It was very interesting, and showed how murder can effect people so much, it ruins their lives, as well as Capote. He got so into it where he was losing his mind and his career over the obsession of one of the killers. He ended up falling in love with this man, and was destroyed when he was killed because of the crime committed. This was the last book he wrote he was so distraught, ultimately ending his career as a journalist. It was quite interesting, and I really want to read the book now. We also learned about using a database for their research paper as well. I learned about a lot more websites that can be used for me, and I was thankful for that. Having all this information about where to find sources was amazing, and to think I learned about this at my high school. We never got to use databases before, and knowing that they can now is interesting. Public schools are really progressing when it comes to research, which is an over all good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment