Thursday, March 8, 2012

Topic of Choice

My topic of choice would have to be about our research papers. I'm actually really excited to be able to research whatever we want. When I had to write research papers before, it was about things that I wasn't really into. I mean, we had to pick things that we sort of wanted to learn about, but in the end, it was boring still. Even though my classmates are picking topics that have to do with the importance of the government or society, I picked something that I thought was fun and interesting to read and research. Since we all have seen the Disney classics, I thought that bringing them up again and surfacing the subliminal messages that are sent to children, would be a good research paper. I know that many think that Disney is innocent, but there are controversies that are brought up when they are really thought about. The fact that they are all skinny, and half don't have mothers is strange. What is even stranger is the fact that they have to constantly play that card of having to have a prince come and save them. Almost none are independent, with the exception of a few, and I find that fascinating that Disney is instilling this in children's mind for years. Even the way the men look isn't realistic. All of them are gorgeous, with big chins and great personalities when in actuality, many men aren't like that at all. Disney hands out princes like there is no tomorrow, when in real life, it takes hard work and time to actually find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment